Update: The deadline for the giveaway has been extended until June 2, 2012!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I ummmm. . . . .screwed up.
I met my husband at softball practice at 6:00 pm.
I chatted with my friends, made jokes, and piddled around for 45 minutes while my other kids climbed the bleachers.
I packed up my 5 year old, and drove her to her basketball game 10 minutes early.
I opened the door to the gym and noticed her team on the court all sweaty, with 9 seconds remaining on the clock.
I looked at the coach.
He looked at me.
The buzzer went off.
I apologized profusely for being 1 hour LATE.
I got into the car, drove back to the softball field, and yelled at my husband.
Me: You said the game started at 7pm.
Him: Did I?
Me: Yes, You did.
Him: Well, why didn't you check the calender on your phone?
Me: BECAUSE I CHECKED YOU.
Him: You should have checked the phone.
Me: YOU SHOULD HAVE CHECKED THE PHONE. PLUS. . .Soledad also said the game was at 7.
Him: She's five.
Me: Well you're 37. So what!
I'm so mad at him, I don't know what to do. He won't even take partial blame. Oh well. Upon apologizing profusely to Soledad she said, "Don't worry, it's okay Mommy. At least I got there in time for snack."
Yes, my love. Way to look on the bright side.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lucy. . . . .
I got some splainin' to do.
And some make'in up to do.
Geez Louise, I feel so bad.
Well, here's my attempt at making up for my blatant error.
Super Cool, FUN, INTERACTIVE DINNER.
It's called a Dinnertisement and it's Lawry's Seasonings new Ad Campaign to make dinner fun and interactive for kids.
We made one.
It was really funny.
3 quick steps. . . .and I was done in 2 minutes flat.
Here's the link to my Dinnertisement. . .
And then I made the meal, with my own little twist.
FAJITAS, Fo' shizzle. My nizzle.
And my kiddos gobbled it up:) And promised never to EVER complain when I royally screw up.
|They thought it was funny too!|
Want your kids to promise to NEVER EVER complain when you screw up royally? Well, then. . . make a Dinnertisement by going to http://www.dinnertising.com/ and then come back and enter my giveaway for. . .
The Grand Prize!!! A Dinnertising Kit which includes . . . . .
- Rachael Ray Lasagna Lover Stoneware
- 2 Zak Designs Serving Spoons: Either happy or surprise spoons
- Lawry’s NEW Marinades and Spice Blends: Mediterranean Herb Seasoned Salt, Fire Roasted Chile & Garlic, Roasted Garlic Salt, Santa Fe Chili Marinade and Mediterranean Herb and White Wine Marinade
Here's How To Enter:
Once you've made your Dinnertisement, Leave me a comment with the link to your very own Dinnertisement (so I can see) and describe what recipe you chose. Good luck! (And no need to miss any basketball games for this giveaway. Parental loopyness is totally optional.)
One entry per person, please. My memory can only take so much.
The Lawry's Dinnertising GIVEAWAY will end June 2, 2012 at midnight CST. Winners will be announced on Sunday, June 3, 2012. Entrants limited to US and Canada. They will be chosen randomly using http://www.random.org/
And NOW. . . .for the recipes!!!!!!!
Santa Fe Oven Fajitas with a Pineapple & Bell Pepper Salsa
Don't let the Chile in the title of Lawry's Santa Fe Chili with Lime Fool You. . . .no hot spicy flavor here. It's completely kid friendly and loaded with lots of flavor. Super Easy way to get dinner on the table, quick!
3/4 cup Lawry's Santa Fe Chili with Lime and Garlic Marinade
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 1/2 pounds flank steak
For the Pineapple and Red Bell Pepper Salsa:
1 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
2 TB red onion, finely chopped
The juice of 1 small lime
Fresh tortillas, for serving
1.) Place steak into a large resealable bag or glass dish. Pour marinade over the steak. Add cilantro and toss to coat. Place in refrigerator and allow to marinate for 30 minutes or longer.
3.) Set oven broiler to high. Remove steak from marinade and place it into a shallow baking dish.
Slice the steak into strips (against the grain) and serve in tortillas with Pineapple & Red Bell Pepper Salsa.
Oven Roasted Garlic Broccoli
This Roasted Garlic Salt was stellar. No need to add any more Garlic. Big flavors. Little Fuss.
1 pound broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
2 TB Olive Oil
Lawry's Roasted Garlic Salt (about 1/2 tsp)
1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
3.Roast in the oven just until the broccoli is tender, about 10 minutes. Serve warm.
|Her eyes are bugged out because she's so excited. She says the broccoli tastes like vegetable candy. No joke.|
2) On the right hand side, click the sign that reads “Create Your Own Dinnertisement Now”
3) Click on the sign that reads “Choose a Recipe & Get Started!”
4) Click on the dishes to see a variety of recipes
5) Select the recipe you like best and then click the arrow that reads “Next Step”
6) Select the theme you like best and then click the arrow that reads “Next Step”
7) Upload your photo by clicking the sign that reads “Click to upload”
8) Enter your family name and click enter
9) Read the consent and click the arrow that reads “Yes, I Do Agree”
10) Watch the video and at the end of the Dinnertisement, click on the envelope to email the link to yourself.
11) Copy and paste the link to your Dinnertisement in the comments section to be entered to win the Rachael Ray Stoneware giveaway!
*Disclosure: I was invited to participate in this Lawry’s campaign through my association with The Motherhood. I received a Lawry’s Marinades and seasonings and was compensated for my time and work. All opinions are mine, as they always are, and always will be. J